Saturday, July 2, 2011

Welcome to the Game of Work: How to Play (2nd in Series)

I like to compare rules of social institutions to board games. It helps me to remember that I must play by their rules to succeed on their grounds, do well for myself while ensnared in their trap. This is the basis for my new pieces on the work game.

My first post on this series was the players in the game of work. You can find that here. This post is about how to play the game. To play a game to win you must be clear on your objective and it is not the same for everyone. Below are some examples of work goals that influence how you play the work game.

  • To make money $ - find position with good payment system; salary position
  • To be challenged- find fulfilling work
  • Find better position – find a job then transfer to a better position and department
  • Benefits- find jobs with good health care, discounts, sick days, etc
  • Free or reduced college education – find a job that pays for education of employees

      

No comments:

Post a Comment